View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Tourist pics for a change: Saint-Prex

Talk about a change.. in the past year I took thousands of pics, and 99% of them were car related :shock:

The other day I was out with no hunting intentions, I still found a couple of cars, but then on the highway there was a pretty big accident with some huge wait in perpective. So I gave up and instead of wasting my afternoon moving along at 1 km/h on the highway, I took the first exit to just roam around a little and let things settle down. I choosed a little village not too far from here, a village where some days ago I shoot a Diablo 6.0 and an Affolter Diablo GTR Evo just for your info . Obviously my idea was to hunt down some more cars maybe. I saw the 6.0 again, but it was becoming too dark already, and after 1 hour of waiting near the main road I only got an SL600, so I gave up and took a walk into the old village, wich is just a gem! it's a little medieval village, I couldn't find many historic infos about it, but for sure it was already there during the XIII century. That's the case for most villages around here actually, but not all of them are so well preserved IMO.
Only downside: cars are allowed inside, and it's totally wrong since the roads are still as wide as they were some centuries ago.. definitely not created for today's cars...
Anyway, it is a marvellous place. So calm, so tiny and on the lake! Makes for a perfect realxing place expecially since my option was to wait in line on the highway for hours :roll:

Here are some pics, sadly as you can see, it was not only late in the afternoon, but the sun wasn't there :bah: luckily Photoshop helped in adding some colors, or else it would have been a grey festival

this is the main gate to access the village, I guess back then it was the "only" way.

Right beside it, the Tourist Board office or whatever it is called the place where tourists can get informations. The same building was, during XIII and XIV century, the forge of the community.

Inside the village there are a couple of tiny squares like this one

Now for some random pics:

And the local Diablos