View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #118
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
Excellent, excellent response st-anger. I don’t know how you could have answered all those questions any better. I too was surprised it took so long for some to ask these questions.

What is your opinion of the NSX. I remember when it first came out everyone thought it was the greatest handling car ever. Since then I have seen several videos of the NSX being pushed hard and I can’t see what people where referring to. It seems to have too much body roll and the car doesn’t seem that well balance. I’ve never driven one so can’t really comment for sure but I am not that impressed from what I have seen.
...well just added some thoughts from the driver´s side in general but as u know the GT is my "one and only" and i kinda know it by heart so for me personally it´s always been clear that these comments couldn´t be right but i´m not the one saying right after seeing it: "...what he (gan-san) said is BS and simply not true...bla bla bla..."

...everyone´s free to judge on his own but i think gan san and myself are till now the only one´s who´ve driven the GT in here at JW and i thought i could take some more time than usual to put some facts into the right light because the GT isn´t that bad...

...hmmm when he´s used to drive racecars he should be very very familiar with the GT as it´s more a racecar than many many of the other so called supercars, as mentioned before i also know how a racecar handles and drives and there´s not a that big gap between them...
and i agree with u j-san that the press cars do not handle as good as the production version and that the press pool cars are carrying yround quite some more weight !

...can´t comment on the NSX or -R in detail but when the -R is equipped with semi slicks it is definitely within reach that it´s equally good in some conering conditions on smooth pavement - last weekend i drove a prepared GT3 CS with a slightely tuned engine, P Zero Corsas, short shift, Porsche Motorsport steering and a specially developed suspension setup for over 20.000€ !!! and it handled definitely as good as a GT which is also designed with a bit of remaining comfort...

a genius car this CS - hope that i´ll be able to share a bit more information with u guys in PC some time...

Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote