View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #9
TeflonTron
Regular User

PaulGT2164: I'm sorry if you took offense at my comments about exotics and jealousy. They were posted out of frustration, not hate, and I apologise. As I said, I posted exactly the same question over at RacingFlix, and every answer so far has been "Oh, Lambos are just overpriced junk" and "my Mustang would walk any lambo" (you know the type) and it pisses me off. All I wanted to know, in a basic form, was roughly what BHP a Supra or Mustang would need in order to match the performance of a Murcielago, both from a stop, a highway roll, and all the way until the big numbers of like 160MPH or more come up.

So, as per your last post, you reckon that a Supra, Mustang or Z06 with about 650BHP (give or take) at the Engine should be able to match a Murcielago to 60, 100, 150 and from a 70MPH Roll On? The reason why I ask all of theose numbers is that it's "easy" to get a car fast to say 60MPH, but much harder to keep that level of performance up across the whole range. Here's another question: would you think that the same 650BHP Mustang, Supra or Z06 would be able to match the Murcielago at extreme speed, like 180MPH, and could they match the top speed of like 206MPH? I know that the above are a lot of questions, but I have a thirst for knowledge, and I'm trying to pin down a helpful, and insightful person such as yourself to help me expand it!