View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
first of all, ferrari is also probably restrained from producing more by its factory. i believe most of the ferraris are made by hand right? so they can only produce so many without turning to mass production techniques which would decrease the demand for the cars. if ferrari built a million 360s they would each cost 20000 dollars. the prices depends A LOT on how many are built.

and rc, you know just as well as anyone (and im sure youve pointed this out many times yourself) that comparing modded cars to stock cars is just ridiculous. so dont talk down on the z06 by saying that 505 hp isnt much bc you can get more than that for 3000 dollars in mods. 505 hp is an extremely huge amount of hp from a factory and you know it...
505hp is not "extreme hp" for a 427ci small block - just witness all theC5R 427ci small blocks that have been installed into C5 Z06 for 4 years now.

So - the C6 Z06 is really just a factory endorsed mod that happens to follow the same formula that private citizens have been doing - as I say - for 4 years now... 427ci small block crate motor installs.

The C5R crate motor was as cose to an option as you could get...

So - comparing a C5R equipped C5 Z06 or a hot cam header C5Z06 to the C6 Z06 is very valid..

And I am sure you assume I am bullshitting you but - 500 crank hp from the LS6 is as simple as a cam install, tune and headers - 550hp is only a set of heads away... really it is.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that the factory C6 Z06 is ismply a - you guessed it, hotrod 427ci big cam, heads and cam car.

All the other crap (like the aluminum frame etc) they through in so the C6R can compete with the new rules - afterall, the FIA rules were again changed to give Ferrari a leg up - and the ridiculous brakes (which will be the first thing ditched by class racers - and the greatest expense hitting privateers in T1) were inlcuded to help justify the price.

So gracefully, GM produced a car that incorporates the required fixtures to allow a C6R to compete in various classes - and enough add on bling to impress the posers..

[EDIT] I don't think Ferraris are "han made" any more - the factory is about as automated as it can get with robots and jigs etc - the assembly process is just a lot more hands on, surpervised and slower.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote