View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:49 AM   #1
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default Reason: Ferrari lack of pace

For that reason, Todt was unwilling to go deeper into the problem, and it’s not just a matter of more testing. “First we need to analyse because testing for testing’s sake doesn’t make us quicker. We need to analyse why on Friday we are competitive, why on Saturday we may lose performance and why on Sunday we definitely lose a lot of performance. We need to analyse why. To identify the problem is quite easy, to solve the problem is more difficult but that’s what we have to do.”

Source: http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...12013630.shtml

I wonder if there are any chance that michellin compound that got laid down on the track is not too competitable with the Bridgestones. On Friday, teams are doing tire evaluation, thus they will not be run each set of tires alot. Saturaday however, after the teams have picked their tires, they will do durability test using what's left over on Fridays.

A racing line is formed when cars continously run on the same line over and over due to the rubber deposit. Since there are more Michellin cars out there then Bridgestone, it should make sense that Michellin contribute more to the racing line then the Bridgestone. If Brdigestone tires are not as gripy over Michellin tire deposit then Michellin themselves, it might explain why their pace keep dropping over the weekend.

I don't know...it might be crazy talk, but that's my thought.