View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
this isn't there best album, secret treaties is their best IMO with agents of fortune a close 2nd

don't know why Christopher Walken was playing Bruce Dickinson (solo singer, and was/no after a 10 year leav lead singer of Iron Maiden)
and distortion pedals where used by plenty of bands in 60's and 70's, cream, hendrix, zeppelin, sabbath, rush, skynyrd, and the list goes on.
just cause it isn't the level or distortion isn't as high and they didn't drive em like a gas pedal, they where still used by the masses

there is a huge history of it, starting with a british navey underwater worker named Roger Mayer but that story is all a purple haze and will take me a good hour to write about, maybe I should make a post about the history of modern rock, unlike how the masses think eddie kramer isn't the godfather of sound, nor is sabbath the first metal band
this is the only album i have from them but secret treaties is next on the list (i was holding them both trying to decide which one to get).

with the distortion pedal thing, i just meant that it wasn't a main element in band's tool boxes as it is today. then it seemed to be more of a fuzz box than anything. Their distortion in those days was all by their amp settings for the most part since tubes don't really do much to produce a clean signal the way solid state does

and het, i don't question the snl skits, i just laugh at them

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote