View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
^^^a defensive stance for the Honda's? haha
Not at all - the same holds true for the Honda CBR-XX - it is in the same boat as the Hayabusa and the Kawasaki ZX-12R.

But there is really nothing in it bewteen the similar generations of GSXR1100/ZX9R/FZR1000/CBR900's - that afer 15 years matured into the same players - just different names GSXR1000/ZX10R/YZFR1/CBR1000RR.

With motorcycle, rider wins EVERY time.

It is not like cars where electronic wizardy can take a mediocre driver and have them go super fast.

To thrash a sport bike through the canyons is all rider. I cannot count how many times I was able to hustle my 10 year old 100hp, 750cc V4 RC45 through the woods quicker than a newer 130hp+ 1000cc modern superbike piloted by a poser.

Oh - and local road knowledge count boat loads as well. I have also done my share of leading a bothersome squid into a tightening hairpin knowing that they are abotu to scare themselves shitless...

ANd of course, never forget there is ALWAYS someone quicker than you - so don't be surprised when just as you think "Man - I was peotry in motion through that last set of swich backs - Rossi eat your heart out" - some bastard stuffs up the inside knee down, sparks flying, pillion passanger hanging off waving at you

And to make matters worse they are riding a clapped out 58hp 1979 Honda CX500 - you know the one with so much frame flex you would swear there was a hinge donw the middle
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote