View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
sheruken
Regular User

Default Am Buying a Printer, please help!

I am looking to buy a Printer and am not sure which one to go for (what make). I am looking to buy a Color LaserJet.. But I have no idea about the technicalities and stuff. Don't mind spending upto $800 - $1000 (converting that into Indian Rupees) thats what the prices are like over here..
I also was just wondering, that THAT is a lot of money for me and I was thinking if I can get more out of the printer. As in also get photo prints (like a 2 in 1, where I can print normal A4 size Laser Colored Documents with Pictures and also Print Photos that I've taken from a Digital Camera.).
Now as I said I've not done any research or anything on this. At the moment I have a shitty HP DeskJet 3325 and I've had a very rough time with it. I have to manually put like 1 paper and that also gets stuck and wastes my executive bonds .. So I want something that is quick, automatic (like put in 50 pages and just say print and u dont have to bother touch the printer, untill you have to refill the papers), Printer Cartridge / Toner changeable only after 3 to 4 months of regular high quality printing, Photo Printing big size is preferable like 8" x 4" photo prints..

Now I know it seems impossible to have such features, but if it is out there then I dont mind spending little more aswell.. I also know I could've just done a search and instead of spending to much time writing this I could've re-searched a few ones, but then again I would've been confused and not come to a decision at all, So I would appreciate if someone please puts up the hand and helps me shortlist a few good printers possibly with the features I listed above.. As I said I am a newbie to printers don't know much besides creating something in photoshop and pressing CTRL + P ..
(also what the hell is so much RAM needed for in printing, I read a few printers have like 128 MB RAM expandable to blah blah?? )

Thanks!