View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #18
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well the fusion is the sportier 500 as I recall and the Focus Sedan is a compact car.

And for $23K USD 221 HP and a 6-speed Auto isn't too shabby if you think about it.
And for around 25K you can get it in AWD and 18" wheels and optional 5-speed manual at no extra charge.
NO...it is not the 500, nor anything even close to it. The US-market Fusion is a different platform than the 500 (which is based on the Volvo S80's architecture) and from the European Fusion (which is on the Focus/Mazda3/S40 C1 platform). The Fusion is a Ford-ized version of the Mazda6 sedan. It has the same (albeit slightly detuned) 3.0L V6 and 2.3L I-4 engines. The V6 is only available with a 6-speed auto and the 2.3 can be had with a 5-speed stick or auto all of which are only available in FWD for the moment. It's longer than the 6 and obviously looks different, but the basic cabin architecture is the same. The Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr are on the same platform as well.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote