View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 03:27 AM   #28
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by Ronin005

after this last race Bridgestone has actually come out and said that its not really thier problem since the 2005 car was given to them 2 months late and that it didnt allow them enough time to test with the car, which can play a big role in things.

heck i think it was in the latest F1 mag, amongst all the articles they have little bit of info and there was one interesting bit of info. in about 9 months time michelin has run up some 350k miles in all testing and racing combined, while Bridgestone has only done 97Kmiles, (it might have beem km, none the less its all the same), now this is mainly Ferrari's fault as they have wanted a more exclusive partnership with thier tire manufacture and it finally has caught up with them.

hopefully, things will change in the future and it wont make a difference.
350k - for 9 teams

97k - for 1 team

I don't think it is mainly the testing. It could be that Bridgestone just did not have enough time, especially since the car was received late.

Bottomline, Michelin adapted better in the one lap qualifying plus one set tire rule than Bridgestone.
its bridgestone 3 teams, and michelin 7 teams and i mentioned how bridgestone got the car late.

and the 350k and 97k, includes testing and races all in one.
That's right, I forgot about the 2 other teams. No, that's what I was pointing out, that you said they had the car 2 months late. I think that is probably a bigger deficit than anything else.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote