View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #30
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan
as you've probably noticed once we get a few people online the page generation times go up quite a bit, and ATM its possible for one person requesting a 'heavy' page many times in a short period of time to knock the server over so no one can get any pages .. a faster cpu / more ram and better hard drives would really help in this area

as it is I already optimised a lot of code to help and it has, although unless I strip out a lot of the site features (not going to happen) we will still sometimes have a server load problem and that isn't going away until we get a faster server
I didn't see any slow load ... but I am on 56k so there is no difference between a slow and a fast loading page

Originally Posted by AL123
What can i say i'm not going to bullshit. I was going to leave this topic alone but suggestions of a pay service i can't leave, some members are unable for whatever reason to donate/ pay, does that make them any less valauable to the site???
I am sure it wasn't the idea no service to pay, if you want to donate then it's ok but (I suppose) nobody will know it except Jabba and admins ... that would be fair I think : giving the total but not the donaters or even not giving the total I don't know. ...