View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Autosfeer cartestday (Quattroporte,XJR)

summary:
My dad drove a Maserati Quattroporté, a Chrysler 300C 3.5, a Jaguar S 2.7D and a BMW 330i E90.
I drove a Chrysler 300C 2.7, Mercedes C230, Mercedes E320CDi and a Caddilac STS 3.6.

Some of you might remember this post:
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...ight=autosfeer

Well last Saturday there was another one of these testing days. This time the cars were “berlines & breaks”. So I expected a lot of Renault Laguna’s, Ford Mondeo’s and others. But was I surprised when I saw what cars were there. The most spectacular were the Jaguar XJR, Caddilac CTS-V, Chrysler 300C 5.7 and certainly the Maserati Quattroporté.

I took some pics and made a few digicam movies. The camera is pretty crappy so the quality isn’t that good and the movies are without sound so probably not worth posting.

I don’t have the time now to explain in full what I thought about the cars that I’ve driven, but I’ll describe them in a few key words.

- Maserati Quattroporté: superb sound, great looking car in the metal.
- Chrysler 300C 3.5: behaves like a tank along to my dad, I tought it felt heavy but brakes and suspension aren’t too bad.
- Jaguar S 2.7D: luxery car, superb ride, great engine.
- BMW 330i E90: the total package = really good.
- Mercedes C230: smooth engine, good ride, slow automatic
- Mercedes E320CDi: slow automatic, masses of torque, superbly luxurious (had those seats that tighten in the corners like an M5)
- Caddilac STS 3.6: very powerfull engine in low and mid range, top end almost non existent. Good ride, really really shitty brakes.

The cars that were present (shitty quality shots I know):

Chrysler 300C's:

Alfa 159:

Quattroporte:

XJR:

Caddi's:

The rest:

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote