View Single Post
Old 12-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #13
graywolf624
Regular User

I couldn't have just seen someone suggest the pos 305? The ls1 engine is just as light(the difference between iron and alluminum). The 305 max hp is well below the 350. While a modded 305 could make more hp then a stock 350, the parts arent as cheap as your thinking(the aftermarket pails in comparison to that of the ls1). If you are doing road racing or autox the ls1 is what you want(case closed).
Dragging it is a big block. There is a reason you dont see people running the 305 in cars. It is horrible (I know its limitations. One of the boards I am on has the individual who holds the record for fastest 305 camaro. Doesn't compare to the 350 and cost him a fortune. Different has a price). There is a reason the ls1 (and its ancestors the l98 and lt1) are used in more then a few race cars. (c5r, international race of champions, ect...)

If you want to be different at least start with a good engine. Try a turbo transam/buick grand national engine to be different. Remember, Nothing from chevy beats an ls1 or lt1 for price if your willing to shop used.

Now if only someone will loan me 27000 so I can buy the zl1 version.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote