Thread: Apple Intel
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #33
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by ae86_16v
If you see a computer as an appliance then any PC will do fine.

If you take a bit of pleasure in using your computer, then I believe by far OS X offers an experience far above and beyond Windows XP.

In a same way that could be applied to cars, if your point is to go from A to B, any car would do.

If you enjoy driving then I would recommend something nicer. For example there is something that is more than just raw horsepower or refinement that a BMW has over a Honda. It is more than all that tangible stuff you could mention. It is really just that feel you get when you get behind the wheel and actually start driving.

For me, the same logic applies to OS X. Personal preference.
What games and simulatord can you play on a Mac?

What engine tuning software can you run on a Mac?

What dyno software can you run on a Mac?

What lap timing/performance managing software can you run on a Mac?

What commercial data overlay/video overlay/engine managment software can you run ona Mac?

***crickets chirping***

That's what I thought..
I don't use or need any of that stuff you mention. So what's your point? :bah:

Originally Posted by pharzo

I don't know where you get the idea that yonah is somehow 'for mac.' Yes, it is better than apples proprietary hardware. It will also be used primarily on the pc architecture. Viiv, anyone? And whatever you may say, Apple didn't just choose intel chips because they thought "hey, what's the best thing we can do for our customers?" Because if they did that, this move would have been made a long time ago. They did this because they are trying desperately to get out of the proprietary hole they dug for themselves

And If I was EL PRESIDENTE, anyone who used a mac without a good reason would be imprisoned for life And the only good reason is "I'm too stupid/computer illiterate/luddite to use anything else"
So you believe that Apple will either one license their OS or two allow other manufactures to make computers for them again, e.g. Clones?

I guess I am too stupid to use Windows XP.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote