View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #29
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by findleybeast
quick question: why the front mount intercooler, instead of under the hood scoop like stock?
The Front mount is necessary for high horsepower applications , as the top mount IC (stock location) is much too small to provide the necessary surface area and volume to cool the air thats getting fed into the engine. The other alternative is an air-to-water intercooler that uses water to cool the incoming air, rather than exterior air going through the fins of the FMIC. I did not install the parts myself, all the piping you see is custom bent and fabricated on the car, FOR the car. A lot of work went into it.

Pehren, 0-100km on a good launch is somewhere around the high 3's to low 4's and Quartermile runs I dont know because the one time I got to go to the track before winter, I was wearing shorts and they didnt let me
race because of it.

SWT: I cant rally with like 4 inches of clearance. Car is lowered on coilovers so its more tarmac oriented than dirt oriented.

Thanks all for the comments about my photography, It really makes everything worth the sweat and tears I've invested in this car. Its funny how you come to certain realizations sometimes, but it feels as if the comments about my photography are just as satisfying to me as are the ones about the car. Thanks very much for the support!