View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #39
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by sentra_dude

If it is 'the' fastest production car in the world, with all your 'sources', can you confirm or deny the ~8min 30sec Nordschleife time? That's pretty fucking slow if you ask me, especially when the car in question has 1001hp to work with. :roll:

In addition, what do your sources say about the car over-heating, we've never gotten an answer...yes or no, does the car overheat? And I don't mean when driving in Arizona going up a hill with the a/c blasting in the middle of summer, I mean after a couple of laps at a track...

Also, has there been an outside test of the Veyron's performance yet, so we know what the car is capable of, and not what VW says its capable of (not saying they are lying, I'd just like to see it tested by an independent party).
the nurburgring time is completely unofficial............it's all rubbish promoted by the people who are jealous of (i.e "dislike") the Veyron.

as for overheating....the EARLY testing versions had overheating issues...the production model definitely does NOT.

again....don't listen to the internet propaganda queens who just sit around recycling old facts from 2 years ago (which is highly the case with the Veyron)

the production Veyron has gone through huge amount of continuous testing with NO overheating. It has been tested in very warm climates (Africa, South America, Mexico) and it has been tested in very cold climates (Alaska) and in all cases, the car has shown huge reliability and no issues with engine management/overheating.....why do you think the Veyron was so delayed in the first place? it was to make SURE that there were no issues with its cooling system, brakes system, and tires.

as for the Veyron's top speed.....it has been confirmed by MANY people. VW have given the chance to many journalists and racing drivers to confirm the speed and it HAS BEEN by many US and UK publications, as well as other companies and people.....even the old Mac F1 couldn't be confirmed by many sources like the Veyron has.....this is THE supercar....no more pretenders allowed.

i find it amazing that you people still doubt it.
Dude, I could care less about the top speed, what I want to see is a test of the performance, you know, things that matter...

Such as: acceleration, braking distances, mpg, lateral g's, salmon speed, some track times...i.e. maybe Road & Track or Autocar test, or someone like them.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote