View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #5
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Well after searching the net a bit, I think I have narrowed my sightseeing in london a bit...I have decided to go to these places (if there's time of course):

1. The London Eye, the ride takes just 30 min and you get to see all London from the sky, I hear the best time to go is when it's getting dark and you get to see the Parliament light up.

2. The Tower of London, I have always loved medieval history, and so many cruel stories lie within those walls. I read it takes about 4 hours to take the tour but I guess it's worth it, plus the crown jewels are there so that might be interesting too.

3. Parliament & Big Ben, I don't know if it's worth going inside but I will walk around them for sure.

4. Tower Bridge, well I have to go there since it's one of London's most famous sites, but I don't know if it's worth going all the way up.

5. Natural History Museum, I have always been a nature buff and I have always wanted to see dinosaurs.

6. Westminster Abbey, I read it is a must see and that it is one of the most wonderful pieces of architecture in the world.

8. St. Paul's Cathedral

7. Trafalgar Square & London's various Parks.

What do you think? now I don't know if there'll be time for more stuff or even all that, but opinions are always welcome.

Is the Macca F1 still on display in the London dealer? any automotive museums and that sort of stuff there?

Now I have a question about transportation, after London I need to get to Paris, I know the most convenient way is to take the Eurostar, according to their website, a Eurail pass holder's one way ticket costs GBP 50 which is around USD 90 and that's a lot compared to an airplane ride with easyjet to Paris which cost merely GBP 22 or USD 40, but then I'd have to take a bus or train to London Luton Airport at 3am to be able to catch the flight that leaves at 6:45am, are there buses or trains at those hours in London? how much do they cost? do you think the savings are worth the hassle of all this?

And then I would have to get back to London from Amsterdam and that's another dilemma.

Sorry for the rant, I'm kinda frustrated!...

I think my best bet is to take the Eurostar from Paris to London, and then take the easyjet which cost a mere USD26 back to London from Amsterdam at the end of my trip...what do you think?

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote