Thread: Vector W8
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 04:31 AM   #5
vectorfiles
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by kidesprit
:rainbowafro: While true that the vector was unreliable it has a fantastic exotic design that remains a standout. Check out a red W8 in the Sean Connery & Wesley Snipes film Rising Sun. 0X
pretty soon, if you stick around; or at least keep up with Nthimage.com; you will learn the 100% true story of the AMAZING vector!

of the 17 cars built, only two have had any issues in the past 14 years beyond general maintainence.

one of them was delivered as a show-car to Andre Agassi; (more on his 72 hour ownership later)
the other was a dying man wanting the fastest car in the world.

there is soooo much misinformation on the W8; where it actually outweighs the real info.... In fact 16/17 cars are located; and the missing one was a Saudi Princes' car before it went missing. the three you dont know about; one belongs to a friend of mine, and the other two were in the Yamatto collection (i believe are now sold, but are tracked)

the aerodynamics are 100% wind tunnel designed and tested

i 100% promise i'll be delivering a story even more complete then this one http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33002 :shock: 8)

this car is absolutely Sub Zero!
Hi nthimage,

your signature image of the W8 gives some wrong info.
The Michelin XGT tires 200(!) mph approved (not 250),
R&T tested the W8 at 0.97 lateral g (not 1.2)

Also, the VECTOR design has NEVER seeen any windtunnel.
The drag coefficient must be horrible.

I have never heard of any W8 that was taken over 180 mph top speed
and the front end has a lift issue when taken to higher speed which makes the VECTOR most likely the super car most difficult to drive.

I know many W8 onwers and only to have taken their car on the highway at highspeed, one in Japan , one in Germany on the Autobahn.

BUT: yet I do love the design of the car, the overall technical layout plus VECTOR was a one man show in the 70s and 80s.
What Jerry Wiegert achieved with his Vector was way ahead of its time !

It is unfair to compare the VECTOR to any super car that was produced in the 90s, meaning the design is 20 years younger !

It would be like comparing the McLAren F1 to the Bugatti Veyron.
The McLaren has almost No high speed stability either (read the tes reports) whereas the Bugatti rolls like on rails even at top speed.
The F1 has other flaws,too. But for the 90s it was a milestone.
And so was the VECTOR for the 80s.

The major problem for Jerry Wiegert and his creatuion had always been lack of finance. So he came up with the world´s best super car in the 90s that it would be... in the 80s.
vectorfiles is offline   Reply With Quote