View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Because Bugatti don't need to, in the same way that Rolls Royce don't publish detailed numbers. The client knows what they are buying and isn't THAT bothered with all of the little bits of fluff such as what the car will do from 60-120 in 4th etc.
If this is true, then why all the fanfare about the top speed? The one performance spec almost NO owner will experience... hhhmm...

I said that Bugatti was dead as a company: can you not read, or are you so hellbent in trying to convince people of your point of view? VW bought it, pumped hugae amounts of money into it and the Veyron is the result.
I am not hell bent on anything, but you sure seem to be angriliy trying to force me to agree with your view point - hhhmmm - I guess the same rules don;t apply to you then

In other words, had the chairman of VW decided to build the "Veyron" as an Audi he could have - the Bugatti company is a wholely owned and created and funded subsidiary - that just happens to be called Bugatti.

Period.

This makes the Bugatti Veyron as related to the Bugattis of old - as say, the BMW Mini.

I don't worship the Veyron at all. In fact, I don't particularly even like it. However, I know two people who have driven one and who both say the same thing: it destroys any car that they have driven and handles very well.
Call me a skeptic but I call BS to this - because I am guessing unless I missed the posts you made about it, this is the type of thing an enthusiastic JW member (as you appear to be) would want to share with JW early on. As we say here Pics of STFU

Have you driven one? Do you know someone who has?
No - If I did I doubt they would tell me it handled well - as the folks I know actually know a thing or 2 about handling, and may say "it handles surprisingly well for a great big heavy 4WD car" - a little different to "handles well" - after all, if all you needed to handle well was 4000lbs, 1000hp and 4WD, then ALL racing cars would follow this formula wouldn't they.

Or, as I'm guessing, are you just a 60 year old man who has nothing better to do than blast something that is completely out of his league and he'll never have a hope in hell of owning, should he want to or not?
Ah - and finally we get down to brass tacks - you seem so shallow as to have to measure yourself and everyone by their material holdings - and as such you can only worship and pander to all the super rich and their playthings.

Considering they only plan to build what 300 cars - and there is not exactly a waiting list, it would seem most of the worlds wealthy who could afford one don't want one either - so that sort of negates that rather juvenile point - doesn't it.

Let's leave it at this, as it seems it's the only level you'll understand: the Veyron would hammer a Z06 at the Nurburgring,
Well - lets leave car names out of it - as you are obviously rather frustrated and trying to be aright prick about it all - so you honestly believe that the Veyron will lap the Nurburgring faster that 7m42s?

If you say so.... whats next - simply because it costs a million quid it must be able to pull a 7m05s lap - ok - new rumour - Bugatti Veyron laps Nurburgring in 7m05s - sends Porsche reeling - all these years they tried to lighten their car, when it seems all they needed is more weight and more power. :roll:

at a roll-on, at a 1/4 mile, as a collector's piece, as a rarity, as an investment, as an achievement, as a piece of history, and as a watermark in car design.
It's not the rarest car in history, not the best automotive investment, not really historic, and not that much of a watermark in design - that type of distinction is limited to the Model T, the Beetle, the Mini and such like.

Oh - and again, the car really has no more roll-on, acceleration nd topend than any other 1000hp car... so maybe an achievement in your eyes, but will be rather forgotten foot note in history within 5 years.

All in al, a rather fast single use auto - obviously impressing the pants of you.. other wise you wouldn't have taken the time to be so verbose and insulting in your dissertation.