View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #152
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
why is it that people in american choose to hate soccer? like you said, if someone doesnt like baseball, then dont watch it. so why do you have such a different attitude towards soccer?

the us will be good someday. it just takes passion. when that day comes, ill be the first in line to flick off every single one of you international haters of american soccer. i might have to wait a while, but thats ok, the longer it takes, the better it will feel when it happens. until that day, ill be rooting for the netherlands because that country is my next closest tie as far as my family tree goes. slovakia was a close second to NL but theyre fucking out now anyway.
The difference is that as an American that truly does not like soccer I'm attacked for it over and over. So it immediately puts me on the defensive. If everyone that likes soccer had the same attitude I have towards people that don’t like baseball we would not even be having this conversation.

I just don’t understand why soccer fans have this join us or we hate you attitude. And it is that very attitude that makes me hate the sport. That and I find it very boring.

Like I said I don’t care if you do or don’t like any of the sports that are popular here. I will never attack people with this "like it or die!!" attitude. I would never expect someone in Italy to like baseball.

Edit: and what is funny is if I was a true soccer fan I would still get attacked over and over with comments like "Hah team USA sucks, god I hate you and your team, bunch of fucking pussies!" And other comments like that. So its just a loose loose situation. The game is boring and the sport has the rudest, dumbest fans I have ever seen. I thought American football fans were the worst but I can see thats not true at all.