Thread: Top Gear in USA
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #25
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
But this season they have taken their stupid little skits, like the radio bit, convertible mini-van bit, and the car boat bit way too far.
It's called entertainment. I found every second of each one of those bits hilarious!
Those skits would be ok if they were limited to about 15 mins max! But they just go on and on and stop being funny after about 5 mins. Seriously those bits are more than 50% of the show, add another 25 to 30% for the celebrity driver and you are left with only about 20% of the show actually dealing with car reviews and seeing the stig drive. This is the first season they have gone totally overboard with this kind of crap and the show looks like it should be on MTV rather than the BBC with all the corny banter between the cast.

I like the cast a lot but I watch Top Gear to see car reviews. Not the 3 of them clown it up in scripted nonsense! Maybe next they will just stop talking about cars all together and change the name of the show to “The Real World with Jeremy Clarkson!” (the title sown with Benny Hill music playing) :roll: