Thread: Busted
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 05:52 PM   #50
VWO4L
Regular User

Yeah, they are pics of the Denver Skyline. I'm from CO and was just in Denver yesterday actually. I've actually heard that the STi Cop Car isn't really a Police vehicle. They may have just put the light bar and official plates on for the photos and staged the pic of the racers. Could be wrong though. perhaps they are saying that so that people will think it's a fake right before they get pulled over. Who knows?

edit: Found some more info. Here's a post I saw on a local CO message board about the car.

"Here is the 411

Yes it is REAL! Notice the vinyl graphics are reflective. They are offical state patrol issued graphics. No hes not an officer. No hes not impersonating an officer. So he cannot pull you over. No its not the CSP's car it his is own personal daily driver. And it is all OK'd by the CSP.

The owner is a photographer for CSP. He was asked to head a program promotion for discourgaging street racing. So hence why an import. Its all only temporary for the program and photos for their posters and calandars.

The owner is actually lookin for a fully kitted yellow or red import to be apart of the photos. If anyone is interested you may email him at [email protected]"

So, that explains the two cars in the first pic. Makes sense. We've had Lamborghinis and Hummers in other promotional campaigns for the State and local police before. They were never real police vehicles, just used for publicity.
VWO4L is offline   Reply With Quote