View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 05:06 AM   #132
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
so to drive it well you need to be a "more-than-average driver". sorry but thats just plain stupid... "not stable" and "not grippy" can't mean "great handling car"...
The car can be a handful at its limits, but it's not unstable or lacking grip as you seem to imply...

As an owner says...

Originally Posted by jenmara
As the owner of at least one McLaren F1 and the past owner of an Enzo I can tell you from personal experience that there is no comparison between the two cars.

The Enzo is crude, noisy, uncomfortable and an absolute horror to drive for any length of time. While the car does perform on the track I doubt there are many out there who would ever get the opportunity to use it in that fashion. I signed an agreement with Ferrari not to sell the car for one year, and I counted down all 365 days till I could say goodbye.

The F1 on the other hand is an absolute joy to drive. Every time I go for a drive I wish it was not over. It is a pleasure in every sense of the word.

I have had an opportunity to drive the Bugatti and it is a wonderful automobile. The performance, particularly the transmission, is spectacular. The only comment I would make between the Bugatti and the F1 is that the Bugatti weighs about twice as much, and you feel it. One of the beauties of the F1 is how light it is. With no power steering or other assists, you really never feel the need.

The modern car which comes closest to the F1 in driving pleasure is the Porsche Carrera Gt. It could use a system like the Enzo to raise the front.

In summary there is nothing that comes close to the F1, and I think the Bugatti proves that with the current laws, nothing ever will again.