View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #47
ae86_16v
Regular User

So after driving around in the A4 for over a week decided to take the M3 back out for a spin. And for the first time I realized the headlights were horrible and I had to do something about them. I have already installed some ZKW Ellipsoids (E-Code) when I first got the car and replaced the extremely crappy US (DOT) reflectors.

I always liked the ZKWs cut off, clear beam, nice even spread; but for the first time after getting used to the Audi's Xenons I realized how inadequate the regular Halogen were. So I had to do something.

And since the ZKWs were already projectors, the next logical upgrade would be HID kit. Picked up some Prolumens 5000k. At first I was worry that these might be too blueish (e.g. rice), but they actually turned out pretty white and clear. I really wanted to get some 4300k which was a bit more yellow but had a higher lumens rating (brighter), but the guy was out of stock.

Nevertheless these turn out great. Now I had to readjust these quite a bit to lower the aim, but still I am afraid it might throw out too much glare since these projectors weren't design as for HID bulbs from the start.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote