View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
If it's such a crap then why is mopar sponsering a driver and he drifts whit dodge viper competion coupe.
Why is rhys millen is drifting a pontiac gto.
Not i sign of a crap sport i schould say.
That is simply a sign that enough fucking idiots pay to watch these people spinning their tyres.

That is not a sign ity is a"great sport' - just a sign that the corporations have found a way to cash in on you fools that pay to wathc this crap.

Thats all.

Rhys Millen participating simply proves anyone can do it.

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
I wouldnt neccessarily say there is no challenge in drifting a whole course like that..
Show me a video of you doing a "simple" drift like that..
There is no challange - period.

It is crap.

Pewriod.

Anyone with half a brain and 2 arms and legs and a steering wherel in a acar and enough free tyres and practice time can do that.

Period.

It is just finding some sponsor stupid enough to throw the money at you while they get a promotor to sell the "excitemtn" so enough retarded twats buy tickets to fillt he stadium to wathc this drivel so they can make enough money to sjustify paying you for sliding aorund corners.

It is not hard - it is easy. Not only have the drivers practiced to do this, but their cars are specifically setup and modified to support and encourage and allow crazy slip angles.

Drifting is a piss easy and stupid.

Period.

No, I have no videos of me tearing up my car "proving" I can drift... pay for the learing curve and within a month I guarantee you I will be able to hang with "Drift Kings" on any road in any car.

Period.

This is a stupid "sport' and is an insult to any motorsports fans that appreciate "real driving"

:roll:

Originally Posted by caneswell
Originally Posted by RC45
there is no challange
Haha! From the person that tried to do it once and span?!?
Uhm - no.. on the contrary, my car actually "drifts" pretty well without "spanning" - but I don't feel like practicing on the public roads and earing up my own car to prove how simple this stupid "sport" is.

Pay me to do it and I will - any half competant driver understands the dynamics of the slide and or drift, and with enough practice in particular chassis will be able to master the technique quite easily.

Its a stupid "sport".

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote