View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #92
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by sameerrao
I dont think I will spend extra cash on this now. Gotta save up for the $$$$ service
This is the reality of the exotic lifestyle Sameer... I hace seen a few cars come through Drivers recently, and it seems many of the "$60,000 entry price" 80's & 90's exotics make up for the "cheap" entry with a relatively pricey annual maintenance regimen.

Looks like you either pay a lot way up front for new with warranty, or much less a decade later with a steady maintenance blood letting.

The bottom line then would be as long as you can afford to keep them clothed and fed, exotics can be great regular toys to pile the miles onto.
Definitely. Maintenance will definitely cost you a pretty penny.

It seems like you have already done some homework on the good and bad years of the car, which is good considering the 348 had some problems. This probably goes without saying, but do check all maintenance records and get a pre-buy inspection from either a dealer (if your dealer offers it) or a trustworthy independent service provider.

A good place to get parts at a great price is Maranello Auto Parts/T.Rutlands in Georgia. They have a huge stock of new, used and hard to find parts, everything from oil filters to engines to interior pieces. Phone number is 800-233-7820. I have a large list of Ferrari parts suppliers in this country and internationally, so if you need some help, let me know.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote