Thread: New Veyron Test
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by RC45

Again with the leaf spring BS.

I never once mentioned "that car' - but try as you might you keep steering away from the obvious... the Vagrant for all the R&D better do the simple things like go fast in a straight line and stop in astraight line...

...but again, on roads where 180mph is a moot point and 150mph is difficult to maintain control on are where the overweight sloppy pig will lose out to the svelt and far more capable CGT and Enzo...

Witness once again the fact that when the Enzo tried to go 180 on roads that could only sustain a barely controlled 150 it crashed and burned...

So in that arena the vagarant would be outclassed by its own excesses.

And again, the posted article supports this 100%.

BTW - what does gravel and no guardrails have to do with anything?

And somehow I doubt you have that much 160mph B-Road milage. maybe a lot of 120 to 130mph but running 160mph on less than perfect back roads is not something easily done without lotsa horsepower and lotsa grip

But maybe you have spent every weekend with an Audi Quattro SWB Gruppe B Rally car - who knows
From what people who have driven the Veyron its an extremly capable car and far from a pig like you love to make it out to be, you always like to compare it to the some ubermodded vette who run great 1/4 miles and can handle great are daily driven and so on and so on, you also always like to pull out how fast you drive with your vette on what you call b-roads, you also imply that I might not have driven on b-roads and dont know what I am talking about....

I was merly saying maybe ferrari, buggati, porsche, zonda and the rest of the top car brands should look at how the vette are made as that obviously are the best car ever when it comes to track use or b-road use or whatever use....

I have not spent all my weekends with an group b car, thats true but I have been pushing 160 on roads you would consider b roads...and I am still here... :shock:
In this latest series of exchanges I never once mentioned anything modded or american or even implied "that other caR" was part of the discussion...

I used Emzo and CGT as clear examples... and provided proof that 180mph and certain roads don't mix.. no matter what the chariot...

I am sure you had what ever car it was fully opposite lock 160 around b-road bends and simply ate up the bumps ripples and undulations all the way.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote