View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #32
graywolf624
Regular User

Just remember one thing, the only place that the corvette is actually cheap is in the US. To import one to Europe almost doubles the cost, so then it is more in the price range of lamborghinis and ferraris, SO OK I'LL SAY THIS: If you live in the US by all means by a corvette, cause its cheap for you and keeps them from being exported to other countries...And the only reason a corvette is cheap is because it is made cheap...the quality on a corvette doesn't even compare to that of a fiat in my opinion, and a fiat is put together with nothing more that a couple of pieces of double sided tape...
It isn't our fault your country tarrifs you to death. Here a the german cars are a little bit more expensive then there, but even thats only minor. The benefits of a more integrated free trade economy I guess.
As for the interior I get the impression you havent driven one or you are exaggerating. The corvette is certainly not the crowning achievement in interior but it is leaps and bounds above the fiat. It doesn't fall apart, it doesnt squeak, it doesnt rattle. The parts you actually touch are good quality, the seats are comfortable. The dash isn't the best material admitedly.. But one could say the same thing about recent bmws. Is it all that important that the dash is soft touch as opposed to say, driving dynamics?

If I cant compare a 500K car with a corvette, how can you compare a 70K corvette with a 40K M3??? Please, out of all the cars I listed you chose the saloon car to compare to your "sports" cars...
I wasn't refering to the 70k Corvette z06. I was refering to the 40k base Corvette which is at least 5k cheaper. Hell the engine I was refering too was also in my trans am and even there the engine is lighter and puts out more bhp in that 20k dollar car. So the point holds. BMW owners swap into their m3s engines from a 20k dollar American car.