View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Why is everyone so conserned with a 900 degree wheel. If your racing a car and crossing your arms, your doing something wrong. Thats the 1st thing I learned when I started racing, if your arms are crossed, your scrubbing off too much speed.
'900 degree wheel' is a ephamism for 'more than 180 degrees of rotation'.

The cars pictured above are NOT racing cars and the wheels in those cars rotate at least 2 1/2 turns lock to lock.

While you dont actually turn the wheen 2 turns when on a race track, you do however exploit almost all the rotation when saving yourself and thus there is no false-up-ratio'ing of the turning input.

So - it doesnt matter what you learned when you started racing - its not realistic if you dont have the same amount of rotation at your disposal.

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I'm also tired of people comparing two games that havent even come out yet :roll: . Im going to go with someone earlier who said that they would wait for both games to come out to compare them.

GT4 on the PS2 and GTL/GTR/GTR2 etc on the PC are out and released - and the extra and realistic rotation and force feedback make the games far more immersive than a controller contriolled game could ever be.

So again , what is so "realistic and emmersive" about a super duper picture and an astonishing physics engine, if all you get to control it are a hand held controller or at best a 200 degree wheel without a stick shift and poor rendition of force feed back?

That is the point.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote