View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #27
graywolf624
Regular User

MMA is just that MMA. We see MMA fights yet we see how many fights either end on the ground or standup. How wrestler loose to boxers and the other way around. This is just pure fighting with anything allowed, and the outcomes are always different.
Very few if any end with purly standing.. not in the real world and not mma.

Do I even need to mention how many times a wrester has unsuccseful take downs? Were a boxer is open to throw a hook in either direction to end the fight?
The wrestler has other options as well.. A throw for example. Another option the boxer has never seen.

You are completly wrong to assume that a heavyweight champ is somehow less strong then an elite wrestler.
Pound for pound they are... Thats a given. A heavyweight champion can move out of range to get a breather. A wrestler doesnt have that option.

think you are trying to proove that wrestling is this ultimate martial art which beats all others. But countless times you will be proven wrong in leagues like Pride and UFC, were its not the art, but a number of other factors which deterimine the outcome of the fight.
Thats not my arguement. My arguement is someone without grappling experience will get their ass kicked. That doesnt mean it needs to be the ultimate martial art.. It just means in the absence of basic knowledge of this field your screwed. This has been showed in both UFC and Pride time and time again.