View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
And how much do you know about hitting? How can you be so damn confident that you are not going to take one on your button before you ever take a man down?
I've done it and seen it done many times. I have several friends that are boxers.. and weve tested this theory.. in the exact way you describe.. and its ended the same way all but once (of probably hundreds of times).. Where he did get a shot off.. Which comes down to the 50-50 once we are bare knuckles. In that case he wasnt bare knuckled and I still one.. Had he been and it had been someone better.. I may have been gone.. But that angle isnt the best to be punching someone..
No one has ever succeeded in kicking me while I was shooting.. several have tried.. You just need to know how to do it. If you lead with your head, your not shooting right in the first place.. Your head should be no where near the feet, ever.
Well I suggest you check out Mirko "CroCop' Mirkovic, whose a kick boxer in his pride fights, sure it ends up on the ground a lot.

But if you really know how to kick you get huge reach advantage over your opponets, going down or not, you can create a lot of room roundhousing someone wether they are going to take you down or try to do standup...I know we are going into kickboxing...but Im just brining another example were I dont think wrestling could be as effective.

Reason I say this is because I have seen a ton of times were wrestlers fail in their take downs. I dont think your in position personaly to say that Pride and heck even some UFC fighters are just extremly shity wrestlers if they cant take a man down each time they attempt it.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote