View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
frozzu
Regular User

Default 1995 Fiat Barchetta 1.8

Hi!

I wanted you guys to see the car I bought for the summer about a month ago and just wanted to share it with you (well not the car obviously ). It's a 1995 Fiat Barchetta 1.8 Twincam VFD with 131hp. It had done about 131000km when I bought it, now about 133000km. It weighs a bit over 1000kg and 0-100km/h (0-62mph) should be 8,9 seconds. It has Sebring exhaust which sounds fantastic btw. Especially at 5000rpm and all the way up to 7000rpm redline. I have bought a few things myself already. Including OMP front strut brace, Ferodo DS2000 front brake pads, Ferodo Dot 5.1 brake fluid and new set of tires BF Goodrich G-force Profiler 205/50/R15. I hope you like it. I certainly do, though it could have a little more power.

In some of the pics you might see my other car (winter car) Ford Mondeo 1993 2.0 CLX but enough about that because I don't have the custom pic of that car.

Custom Shot:

The car itself:

With the roof up:

With the roof down:
Burnt my skin a couple of times already with the roof down

Interior:

It's actually quite roomy inside. I'm 188cm (6'2) and I fit fine. Especially with the roof down .

I went to a track day at the beginning of June that was held by Fiat and Lancia club of Finland at the Ahvenisto track. It was a lot of fun but the tires kind of ruined the fun at times. I actually had oversteer a couple of times. So I had my moments of excitement. When I was on my first laps even a rabbit came on the track. It seemed like it didn't have it's racing slicks on 'cause it was all over the place with legs sliding on the track . Luckily I didn't hit it and it got safely away.

My tires after about 15 laps...

The upgrades:

OMP Strut brace

Ferodo DS2000 front brake pads and brake fluid

BF Goodrich G-force profiler tires

Tell me what you think about it.

Last edited by TT; 02-07-2008 at 07:04 AM.
frozzu is offline   Reply With Quote