Thread: 05 Mustang Pics
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 02:02 AM   #56
nthfinity
Regular User

wish they made it look more like the shelby gt500 in the back. it would have been better with the,
well, to calm any worries that mustang is just going to rousche and saleen i quote Carol Shelby directly! "I am moving to Ford to finish my career where it started." this year we have already seen the concept Ford Shelby with a simply amazing V-10 pushing well over 600 ponies, and 550 ft. lbs. although the concept may not come into being, i am fairly confident that a new Shelby GT 500 will be on the way.
another wonderous thing coming to the mustang in the 06 MY will be the new version of the SVT. what makes this so special compared to our 04 svt cobra is the blue oval is currently developing a 5.0 L variant of the 4.6 (4 valvs /cylinder and such ) pushing approx 425hp NA. this is said to be an engine option over a supercharged 4.6.
in my opinion, when HP and torque numbers (in ft. lb. ) are closely matched an engine is properly tuned. this said, the 4.6 3 valve/cylinder is going to be 317 ft lb. and 300 hp.
I think that they are using the lincoln LS chassis, or some Jaguar one
this was true when the concept was revealed; however over the last year, ford engineers discovered there wasnt enough room for the engine, and transmission for the stang, among several other issues. from this, they built a new chassis based on the lincoln ls/ t-bird/ jag, but having completely different demensions including wider, and shorter in length.
any other questions, i have VERY reliable sources for all things Ford