View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
What your defining is a concept car not a production car.
I understand your point. I am referring to a production car, that successfully for the first time has gone to market with an evolutionary completely non-oil powered engine. A concept car has simply remained that - a concept. The Tesla, is going to market with what may be the most evolutionary step in the life of the engine. Big statement I know.

I cannot comment on the telsa's environmental impact - I do not profess to have your technical understandings, or knowledge in this area. It may turn out to be much worse than the petrol engine!! But the point is that this is an evolutionary tear-away from the automotive industry so long dominated by oil-based engines. The oil-tit, if you will, may have been weaned?
I agree with everything you are saying.

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The Model T built a nation by allowing the ordinary man to be mobile. That is why it helped establish ther automobile, an industry, a region and unltimately an entire culture, way of life and empowered a nation....
And this all sounds great; but it is irrelevant. I asked whether the Tesla may be an
"evolution", not a revolution.