View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #9
BloodyPenguin
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I think the Cayman S is "slowed" by the fact is less power then a 911, and not as aggressive of a differential.... ratios may be taller, but for the car, they feel perfect... but I think its just the fact that the S has 295 hp, and the 911 has 320... which does make a difference, particularly from 80-vmax...
The Cayman S actualy has a better Power to Weight Ratio than the 911 Carrera Base. (Ok only .082 to .081), Still, I am not saying the gearing is not great, just that Porsche did made it longer to slow the car down a little.

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Nice car. You did a good job of lining up that side profile shot.
I am impressed you noticed that! It is so hard to keep a dark car out of the glare of the sun. I was able to find this perfect shaded area right out of the suns reach. It is one of my favorite pictures just for the reason it was such a lucky time to pull up to that wall.

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Nice shots. I can see why people opt for the non-S version. It costs a lot, and it's really easy to stack up on prices getting all the things you want. By the way, you can now get Caymans with the Carrera RS style side strips.
Personaly, I could not do it. Though I see why some people do.

And yes, I have seen the Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1.