View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
And in fact, that is why some of us non-poser Vette fans are a bit dissapointed that the new ZR1 is a even less hardcore than the C6 Z06... but we are not surprised... as GM makes their money selling Vettes to posers, which drives the price down low enough so that Z06's are realy cheap and easy to get for the enthusiast Vette fans..
RC, I'm sick of the arbitrary poser talk from the other thread.

Anyway, if I were a bigger fan of the Viper (with a good chunk of change), I could see using the ACR as a roadcar. It is very similar to the standard Viper but more hardcore. As an enthusiasist and owner of a TA with a stiff suspension, I wouldn't mind the ride and noise levels. Yes, the tires would wear quickly compared to others but most hoons have learned to accept the expensive reality of quick tire wear. I'd probably get something a bit less aggressive if the car were to see lots of road use. But that's just it, it likely won't. It'd be fun to have a car that wouldn't need trailering and could be driven around town when the urge struck. I'm glad to see the ACR return.

RC and Snakebitten haven't yet pointed out any specifics that contradict. Instead it seems to be an argument of emphasis.

Hmm, this is off topic, but when Clarkson rips the Z06 for not being a good road car compared to the Ferrari 550, he forgets to mention that the 550 flattens bumps much better as it weights 3800 lbs.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote