View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
Good old british humour. By far the main reason i enjoy watching Top Gear and other Clarkson stuff!
He's not being funny. He's serious.

I've been keeping a list of my own for a while now.

*Jeremy Clarksonisms

"...if I see a man looking good in a pair of trousers, I know what hell he’s been through to find them. This can only mean his life is empty, shallow, pointless, and that he’s vain and possibly homosexual."

"...as I’ve explained many times, the only person who ever looked good in the back of a convertible was Hitler."

"So what of the International Space Station? Well, so far as I can tell, it’s nothing more than a ramshackle garage where astronauts spend their days fixing bits of equipment that have gone wrong. What’s it for? I’m afraid I haven’t a clue."

"In fact the only thing I loved more than physics was chemistry, because we could put acid in one another’s pockets and make bombs. No, really. Put a tiny piece of sodium in a bit of water and you had a fizz that could blow up another boy’s homework. Put a lump of the stuff into a filled sink and you could take half of Derbyshire off the map. I used to sprinkle it in the teacher’s hair and hope for rain."