View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Exige_240R
Regular User

Default "Dash for the Coast" - Dawn meet & run to Hayling Island - selection of cars

My first post in this thread since my return, I checked the rules, all the pics are 800 res so no need for thumbs...

Something a little different for me today as my day started at 5.15am this morning ready to meet at the rendez-vous car park by 6am (for those who know Surrey at all, at the M25/A3 junction), with a dawn run to Hayling Island (an island off the south coast of England). 107 cars signed up on the last count, i've only taken a few pics and posted even less on here! I was in the Elise for this run, only took the roof off for the return journey when the sun was out and it was warm and nice

The route goes on all country roads and fun roads, no motorways or main roads, so its all good fun and very twisty! gave the american cars a struggle on the brakes due to the high weight and grip was a problem for the same reason as the weight shifted a lot.

Thought i'd post it up as its automotive and it was fun, I will definitely be doing something similar again soon, possibly with the Dodge Viper Club UK

My 'weapon of choice' (on the left!!)

seriously liking this

The Aston Boys were ready and raring to go 1 minute before time!!

'tis nice

Unfortunately my little camera is like me and does not function well early in the morning (too low light sadly) so some blurry pics in here...

Regional Viper Club turning up

This was a proper beast from the TVR factory

pure sex GT3 RS

slowly being blocked in!!

this was lovely, spent most of the run either just behind or just infront of this

1 of many TVR's

This Elise is seen at loads of driving events around Europe, its all over the internet!

spent some time behind this one too

You wont miss it!

The Ultima was behind me for a long time, until he sneaked past and got infront of me!

This had a GT-R reminiscent look about it (and GT-R on the side)

And here we are just after he got in front - at least he knew the way so we followed him !!

And now arrived at the Hayling Island Sailing Club

Once again lost, I became an honary member of the Viper club for a few hours while we tried to find the car show and then I parked with them while there... well, they're all pretty basic cars arent they!!

And now at the show (american classic car show, but we turned up so everything and anything ended up on display!!), many of the cars on display were ones that came with us on the run, some were not... so yes some cars appear again in pics.

And the UK members will understand this plate