View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Top fuel car need thousands of hp. 6000, 7000, 8000. They are crap, crap in every single aspect, except for power. They're primitive because raw power is all that matters.

And they're still slow. My 338 does quarter mile in less than a second. See a dragster match that.
So..... High tech modern drag engines are primitive? Is that why they are still using them? I thought the goal was to go faster then your oponnent, obviously they must all be redneck retards.

So... Your 338 (WTF is a 338) does 1/4 mile in < 1 second. That means you must average over 900 mph with a flying start. So, you must be either retarded, or pulling sewage out yer' ass.

Nothing on the planet accelerates as hard on land as a Top Fuel car making in excess of 5000 hp for so few pistons/ displacement. On launch, they pull 8 G; and only a modern fighter jet can pull over 8g in a turn.... not from thrust like a Top fuel car.

Also, about those 1200 hp Supras, why is it on the drag strip, that the 700 hp Supra's are often faster then the 1200 hp Supras? They aren't the most reliable, or economic way to get 1200 hp, that is sure. Come to Detroit, and I'll show you real power, raw, primitive, and untamed.... and the guys who know how to work them.

The 1000-1200hp Skylines are reliable. It's just that they were built by smart people who know how to push the engine just to the limit, without breaking it.
Not built by the smart people who make 1500+ in street trim from the big displacement tuners.

Ralliart.
If I wanted a small engine with little throttle responce, and mediocre power, and low bang-per-buck effect, sure... thats not so bad... Put them up on the track, street etc. vs. the 10,000's of LPE, MTI, LG, Heffner, Hennesey, and eons of private shops big displacement american iron, and sportscars... and then we can talk LOL.

You can look at it two ways. In one way, it means what you imply. In the other, it means ZR1 is only fast thanks to its driver being a professional racer, and the GTR is fast even when you or me drive it.
Or you can look at it this way:
The ZR1 easier to cruise faster around the ring then the GTR is going balls-out.
Or, the Porsche mentality:
Don't show them something that is too incredible, as people may die attempting to match it.
Or, the Nissan meathod:
Ringer for the Ring, we did it before, we'll do it again.