View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
and RC, truly spoken like someone from the "outside." So you would rather just let the whole world economy crash? Or would you rather have to break the "rules" and bail out some companies that failed because of a completely irresponsible system that finally caught up to us? You think we like it? Nobody said it is fair, nobody said it was right. Its a last ditch effort to save an economy that is fundamentally fucked up. I don't like the situation any more than you do, but it had to be done for the good of everyone.
Breaking the rules wont chnge the fundmental laws that drives economies - it will, as has been said, just put off the inevitable.

BTW, when I said "spoken like someone from the inside" - it wasnt a compliment, some of you guys really have the same misguided enthusiasm and belief in "broken rules" that some of the "insiders" I got know who used to work for Enron.

Each one of them ended up falling and failing along with their house of cards - just because you "believe it will work" doesnt mean it will

Hopefully you some simple assets to help you survive the coming years - things like a paid off house, zero balance credit cards nd a lifestyle that is easily trimmed to eastern european standards of comfort

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Yes, it is run by people from the business sector, but it's not like they have anything to gain from it except a stable economy.
These same people have played a huge part in the current economic situation - what makes you think they will not fuck it up as they try "save" it?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote