View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 02:12 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
I'd like to have a Ford GT. I was hoping they would start dropping like stones, they have not. There are 3500 of them so they will never be rare. They are not like F1's or GT40's where they made only 100 or so. I see them dropping to the 90's or 100's in a while especially if everyone keeps on making newer faster cars. I never thought I would see a Ferrari 355 in the 70's.

I agree this is like a Corvette pace car. Maybe worth in ten or twenty years 30% more than regular Ford GT's

BTW a 1963 Corvette Grand Sport will be auctioned in Phoenix in January. They only made 5. Look out.
part of the problem now is most 1 GT owners are becoming fast 2 and 3 GT owners... they are hording them; where all that will be left are the salvage title cars... Watch out for title washing!

Also, the car is legal to drive all over the world, so there are cars that are going to other countries besides staying in the USA. 3500 may seem like a lot to help something drop like a stone: but without a "new" super Ford, it also makes it tough. The GT is an interesting animal, to be sure!