View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
79TA
Regular User

. . . and while I'm too busy/lazy to upload my own videos of the event, I'll post a few others.

Here's Steven Rupp man-handling his 1968 Camaro, Bad Penny, around the autocross course. He lost powersteering, so the really tight low speed corners were not easy for him.

and after a trip to the local Autozone for a new power steering pump Rupp went and ran the autocross once more, though it being his 4th run, would not count towards the competition. With power steering, Penny ran in the 42's about 2 seconds quicker than before.

Lastly, here's David Pozzi piloting Penny around the road course

Despite running on all 8 cylinders (as opposed to 5 like last year) and having better tires (40 treadwear BFG R1's as opposed to last year's 100 treadwear Toyo R888's) Penny ran pretty much the exact same time (and yes, it was the same track configuration.) Pozzi feels he should have stuck to his own line and may not been aggressive enough in braking zones this year, while also questioning some of his gear selections through corners. Nevertheless, David's a great driver. It'll be fun to see how Penny compares next year.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote