View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 06:27 AM   #7
hwe
Regular User

You don't need to re-download anything, only get a new key and enter it in the game menu. Agree its a problem that one can't register without a internet connection, but most people have these days, and LFS is mainly made for online racing. And it seems like you are connected also. You can use it without internet connection btw, but only not the registering part.

Its their choice to make it that way, I support it, you don't.

They have for sure taken in to consideration that a few doesn't like this. I don't think its a loss for the developers and not for the rest of the LFS Community either;

If it had normal protection like other games, it would quickly be cracked like all of them, and they would definately have fewer customers but lots more users because of piracy.

AND, then the racing wouldn't be as clean as it is now. I know, because before the game was released when we played the betaversions (which were free for all), there where lots of times annoying wreckers racing around making havoc and spoiling the fun. After S1 was released I have not encountered or heard much about that problem anymore.
hwe is offline   Reply With Quote