View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 02:01 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Great New Kazaa Tool !!!! KaNat !! For Router Users

YeeeHaaaa ! KaNat, a killer little Kazaa tweak for peeps using Kazaa behind a Router. Like me. I never knew this, even if you forward the port for Kaz, you will not be able to connect to another Router user.
Has something to do with Kaz not using the Wan address, it instead uses the intranet or private IP 192.168.xxx.xxx and those IP's are not valid out in the Wan.
Someone realized this and made a little gizmo that switches the IP over after Kaz gets goin so it has a Wan IP. This allows you to connect to another router user or any other machine like normal.

Does it make a difference? Like you wouldn't believe!! When I thought about it some, I realized that probably beter than 40% of the comps on the Kaz network are behind routers. Peeps usin old pc's for Kaz servers and what not.
So anyway once I plugged this little baby into Kaz's butt, and set the ports to there setting, made sure all was good to go and gave er a test run.

The difference is astounding, as Im typin this I looked at my netstat monitor for the server and Kaz is SMOKIN .... I have 10 DL's goin at one time, and there isnt one that is getting less than 80 - 100Kbs or more Net monitor is showing a constant 2.2mbs+ incoming!!! I have more connections than Ive ever seen before. each DL is showing 4-5 sources!

All I can say is WoW !!! If you are using a Router and Kazaa, I suggest you hop on over to http://doa2.host.sk/ and grab KaNat. Its one Bad Ass little piece of software.