View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #37
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
I dont discount the Vette cuz of its rubbish gearbox alone its the sum of the package you get I just dont find that attractive, it just doesnt appeal to me like a Ferrari does in alot of ways.....it needs more than a gearbox to make it a car I would consider seriously.......
That's a reasonable opinion

Never said a higher price makes it better either, I said it doesnt make the car less desirable just because its more expensive, while it seems you think its less desirable cuz its more expensive.....I am fully aware of the prices of Ferrari parts a Friend mine are rebuilding a 308 gts and its silly prices but damn its fun, another guy I kind of know had to change the clutch on his 348tb and it was not a nice bill....but thats not what we are discussing.. is it?
Hell my car are not cheap to get parts to either as its alot of special parts there, made in very low numbers but you deal with it cuz you love the car......
Well I didn't say it was less desirable because it was more expensive, just less accessable.

Hell my car are not cheap to get parts to either as its alot of special parts there, made in very low numbers but you deal with it cuz you love the car......
Sorry I'm sorta new...what car do you have? I searched in the What do you Drive or Ride? forum but didn't find it ops:

A man without dreams are like a ship without destination,just floating around, no need to weep or read poetry either, money are of course a issue and always will be, but you get what you can afford no need reason for not dreaming of something better.....
Of course dreams are important, but sometimes it's better to live, not to dream. I was joking about the weeping and poetry btw

I bever said sports car shouldnt come from America, its just that not very much decent have come from America in that category....there are exeptions of course but there are long between them and its just in the later years the Vettes have become decent handlers.....just because they have called it a sports car for 50 years doesnt make it one....
Well the idea of "sports car" changes every so often. I'm sure 30 years from now people will look at the F430 and be surprised it was considered one of the finest sports cars of its' day

I didnt say price wasnt a factor, but its never the deciding factor when I buy a car, I could have had a "lesser" car than I got, but my priorities makes it the way it is......If I had more money I would not be driving a different car, but I would have had more cars.......And yes there would maybe be a 430 in the driveway in addition to the Audi or maybe a Gallardo but I wouldnt have sold the Audi cuz it gives me much joy and I like messing around with it....
Well not a deciding factor, but still a pretty important part of the decision.

Great if you get more money buy a Ferrari if thats what you want to have, but I dont understand why some people like you feel the need to deny themself a dream......if you want something bad enough you will get it, to this day I have bought or are in the progress of fullfilling the goals I set for myself.... cuz I dream doing things, seing things and buying things it makes me focused on the task and it helps me getting there with a good feeling......and if you dont get there why deny yourself a dream....
I'm not denying myself a dream, but owning a Vette is part of that massive garage dream. The C5 Z06, because pop-up headlights rock Kinda silly I know, but i guess that "wow that's awesome" feeling you get as a kid doesn't really go away, even when the technology is outdated. I also used to love the yellow headlights they put in French cars

Im not arguing, we are exchanging opinions I tought thats why we have forums here on JW...
You had to quote that and argue about it didn't you?

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote