Thread: Forza Vid 12:08
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #60
5vz-fe
Regular User

As a hardcore car fans myself, I am actually surprise how little I care about the AI in a racing game (maybe if I were a street racer that might be a different situation). The last thing I want is at the last lap a smartass AI knock you into a spin and you lost the race. I know I do that sometimes to the AI, but, hey, I pay for the game, of course I deserve to have some edge lol. So, there is totally nothing wrong with the AI in GT4 trying to go on the ultimate racing line.

I don't know if you notice, but individual object's quality of Forza is better than GT4, yet when they are put together, u feel something is not right. Don't u ever wonder why the clarity of far objects and close objects are the similar in Forza? U sure u feel the 2nd and 3rd pic of the corvette u posted are connected to the tract? I never doubt the graphics of Forza, but one gotta take into account of these little things before saying that it has better graphics in every area over GT4.

In a racing game, it is the physics engine (handling of different cars, how they react with different modifications) that weights the most. This is like few years back when ppl start playing Counter-Strike with a Geforce 2 or worse, they still get addicted to it. This is not because of graphics, it is because of game play. Forza definitely won't be able to beat the 500+ cars and many many different tracks. I am also not a big fan of the fact that you need to trade over internet to get the car you want.