View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 08:25 AM   #21
tekwar
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Ferrari is let down by bloody bridgstone. They still have the best chassis, and the best engine, but the tyres are bad. Bridgstone needs to get their act togheter because they are letting down the #1F1 team of the last 3years.
i serious doubt that the new rules are the main reason why this season is more exciting. The other teams have just caught up to ferrari and michelin have a much better tire this year. Just look at the race pace of the ferrari and you can tell they have no where near the advantage they had last year. I credit that mostly to the tires.

Also you can argue about ferrari having the best chassis. Alot of people think renault have the best chassis which is let down by the lack of engine power. Also the best engine is still the BMW, they have the most power, good reliability this year. Ferraris main advantage was the tires last year like i said, and when they lost that, they are back down to normal again. All the top michelin runners, Mclaren, BMW, and Renault have all been fighting for wins now, which has made life difficult for ferrari.

Its been a great season so far, definitely the closest season i have ever seen. top 3 separated by just 2 points, you cant ask for a much better turnaround from last years "parade" season. Lets hope the top guys keep it going till suzuka for a grand finale.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote