Thread: V8 vs. V10
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #33
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by sau_mathur
Something i was wondering someone could enlighten me about was...ive heard that the v8's rev more than v10s...how come?? They say that the v8 can rev to 20,000 rpm compared to the 18000 by the v10s. I always thought that the v10 was a more stable configuration and could therefore rev more...and the v8 causes major vibrations, so revs cant be that high..!!

So how come the v8 revs more than the v10?? anyone got ne ideas?
Im not sure but i think its something to do with the smaller displacement of the engines but the old V10s could acheive 19000 and the new v8s can do 20000 so not much of a difference. Damn why couldnt they stick with the V10s if maz wanted to save money and cut the speeds he should have just restricted the engines to put out 850-900BHP that way manufacterers wouldn't have spent 10s of millions investing in the new V8, what formula 1 needs is stability and that will never happen because of that stupid prick changing the rules every year. Yes he has done things to improve f1 like HANS system without R. Schumacher could have been injured extremley badly in 04 at indy and the idea of teathers eing used to keep the tyres on the car like at 05 nurburgring when kimis suspension went that tyre could have flew in the air and maybe have hit the crowd so yes he has some good days but the rest of the days are just bullshit!