View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
peruccy
Regular User

Shifter repair set was next

The whole mechanics is made out of plastic. Which wears over time. Now, I have crisp gear changes once more

We also had to replace the brand new oil pressure sensor from an AR164, because it had switched polarities. So the pressure gauge would read from 8-0bar. So I got a replacement sensor for the RaidHP gauge. Now I have correct readings as it should be.

Now for the chargecooler system. I needed a filler neck with cap for my system. Since I couldn't purchase the only one I found on ebay, which was compact enough, because the seller didn't ship to my country, we had to make one from scratch. It's made from plastic and I think it turned out pretty good

We replaced the 1,4bar cap with a new 0,9bar cap. Since this system will never have such a high pressure, there was no need for the 1,4bar cap

Then, I turned my attention to the original amp and parcel shelf woofers. As I have previously mentioned, to get an original wiring loom for this car, is next to impossible, since everyone want's this amp'ed 10 speaker system in their 166. So I had to make a wiring loom from scratch

All the wiring goes through the car's ICS unit. This unit controls everything from trip computer, fuel consumption, radio, navigation exc.

I found the wiring diagram online, and went to work. It took me 3 days to complete this task... And I must say, it makes one hell of a difference in sound quality. But I will definitely not be doing this task any time soon! It was a real pain in the

I got the electric water pump and flexible wire hoses

We've also replaced the temperature switch, because my previous one had corrosion on all the contacts

We've also made our own gasket for the Porsche throttle body. Previous one we made, was from a thin paper. And it didn't last very long, because I got a vacuum leak after a month. So I got this Elring gasket kit, which has various thicknesses for various applications. Now I have no more leaks

Brand new 0,9bar cap and two brackets for the CC filler neck

Then I got 3" silicone elbows, pipes and W2 clamps for the CC system

We have also replaced the old fuel pressure regulator. Since I plan on using bigger injectors and an external fuel pump, I want the whole system to be 110%

And finally, the installation of the chargecooler system

Good thing I got an almost identical size cooler than stock. And even this one just barely fits

It's a tight squeeze

Home made bracket for the filler neck

Turbo pipes installed

Upper pipes were next

Just enough room for everything to fit

Front radiator for the CC was also installed with home made brackets

This is how it looked nearly finished

Very tight squeeze between the coil and intake pipe

We had to remove the original airbox and air filter, because it was just to big. So I got an universal one, which had the correct ID and was reasonably sized

It fits, barely

Now all I need, is an intake funnel which would go in front of the universal air filter, so I would have cold air intake. That's next on the list...

And finished

Of course, there is always something to do on a car. One of my upper steering arms had play, so we replaced both sides. And my front brakes didn't perform as they should, so we overhauled all four brake calipers, just to be on the safe side. And to top it off, I got the best dot4 brake fluid I could find

And that's it. This is the current state my car is in. It pulls really well with this CC system. Dumpvalve makes one helluva noise! Me like

And now, I will save money to get bigger fuel lines, bigger injectors, and a custom chip. I already have an external 300lph fuel pump and cradle. So, until next time...

'talla
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote