View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
|Nuno|
Regular User

Great album indeed. I think it's a very relaxing album to hear, specially songs like Reise, Reise, Dalai Lama and Ohne Dich. It just makes me go "deeper"; the "athmosphere" of the album is fantastic, and it shows progression. That's one thing that I love about Rammstein: all of their albums sound different and have different aproaches, while still being very characteristic.

'Mutter' is still my favourite, but this ranks up very high as well. Definitely a must. :good:

@ Z: Yep, Mein Teil is based on true cannibalism story that happened in Germany. The video ilustrates that pretty well. And if you check more translations, you'll see that their lyrics are very diverse and sometimes "shocking" or just plain funny. Most of the time, I wouldn't take them in a serious way. Knowing them, they're just messing around most of the time. Buck Dich, anyone?

Plus, the translations take away some of the poetry in Till's writing. Some stuff just doesn't feel right translated to English - the message is lost, I think.

By the way, there's some new info availiable at www.rammstein.com. Already checked Benzine. Good stuff.